Friday, January 7, 2011

Baked Mac & Cheese 3/5 Spoons

As a quick aside, is anyone else having an awesome 2011 so far? I don't know if it is just my attitude or what, but I feel great. I blame it on there being no snow on the ground, which I find to be the best thing ever. Anyway, on to the food....

So I made this Baked Mac & Cheese the other night and it was like the most average meal ever. I've had worse and I've had a lot better. The thing is that I've made this before and I know I'll make it again because a. it is easy b. there is a load of spinach in it and c. it is a fine meal for a night when you don't really care what you eat. I know I'm not really "selling" this meal but it's a good way to pack in lots of whole wheat pasta and spinach along with a boatload of delicious cheese. Sounds like a good combo to me.



(Photo courtesy of Eating Well)

Here are my notes:

-- I used fresh spinach because I had it handy, but I've used frozen before and it works just as well.
-- For the cheeses, I used a combo of Parmesan, cheddar and some Mexican blend (without spices) and I thought it was a good mixture.
-- I used about an entire box (14.5 ounces) of whole wheat pasta instead of just 8 ounces. Really, i think you could do even more, the cheese sauce is pretty plentiful.
-- Normally I taste test all my food before I let anyone eat it, but this was an off night and I didn't really particularly care. This definitely needs some salt added, it tasted a little bland when made according to the recipe.

I give this recipe:

3/5 Spoons!

Not sure what I have next but no doubt I'll be back with something!

No comments:

Post a Comment