Monday, December 6, 2010

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins 5/5 Spoons



(photo courtesy of Joy the Baker, recipe link below)


First post! Welcome my loveys.

So I decided to make these muffins (actually I made a loaf) at like midnight on Sunday night. It was cold outside and I had the Christmas lights on and I felt like warming up the apartment with the oven.

I baked the loaf almost exactly as is except a. I used sour cream instead of buttermilk b. did not put the glaze on top and c. only used 1 T. of sugar to dust on the top before baking.

This recipe is a total knockout. Like... when I tasted it, I felt like it melted in my mouth but still retained it's crumbly loafness. The only thing I would change after making it is adding more lemon zest. It had a nice light lemon flavor but I'm always looking for more of a punch.

So I'm starting a precedent here and doing a cliched spoon rating system. I give this recipe:

5/5 spoons! (The only thing I would change is the zest thing and that's just because I like my food super zing-y!)

Until I figure out how to do a picture with little adorable spoons, you will have to read the spoon ratings.

Thanks for reading, and more will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment